
Today Im grateful for the small things. Things like tucking my children into bed, reading them a story, or playing pretend with them.
The recent news about that little girl that disappeared and was later found dead really shook me. My sister works at the department involved in that case. We just talked and wondered who could hurt a sweet innocent child? I remember the days when I would wander my own neighborhood as a kid. We trusted everyone. Its so opposite these days. I think so often, I go about life in my own bubble, so concerned with trivial things. I forget what is really important and what life is all about.
Yes, today I am grateful I was able to hug my children, brush their teeth, and even change diapers or clean puke off my carpet. Im just grateful to be right where I am.

Sick is right! I'm glad that they found her, but how tragic. I so wish the world wasn't the way it is right now. Andrew always taunts me cause I don't want my big kids doing things alone...and this is why...just can't trust anyone.
ReplyDeleteIt does make the simple things seem great. I am sure that mother would give anthing to tie her little girls shoes again......
ReplyDeleteThat's so sad. Your girls are so beautiful!
ReplyDeletei read that online. its so sad, its honestly heartbreaking. think how naive we were!
ReplyDeleteI Love that picture of the girls
ReplyDeleteIt's true, we are seeing changes in the world that we live in. It's sad that we have to see those changes, but they will increase over time unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteYou have beautiful daughters.