Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

{insert creative title because i cannot come up with one}

So today my friend Susie and I went to Temple Square to get some practice with our cameras. It was so incredibly windy, but we learned a lot about exposure and got some really cool shots. (Not to mention we got a *well deserved* break from our full time, very grueling- yet incredibly rewarding- mommy job! And- the husbands got to experience what mommy life is like!)

Here we are- took this from my point and shoot. Seriously couldn't figure out how to work the dang thing. This was our third picture...
With these 2, I experimented with textures/overlays... I love vintage anything, so I really loved the feel of these pics.

6 comments:

  1. Those are freakin' awesome sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your PIcs of the temple are beautiful! Anyway I got your message and talked to Brandi about the best way. If you can do it over the phone that would be best because I can then put your order in with my party and get it with that shipment. I then can just bring it to you or we can get our kids together when it arrives. I would love to meet them and see you. If that works call me at 859-9664. We can go from there. If not just call and we can plan something to do sometime anyway, plus I will double check with brandi how you can order on her site and put it towards the party. Thanks Jen! Hope to see you soon! (sorry this is more like an email, then a comment! I probably should have emailed you through facebook, oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your temple pictures and how you edited them ... what kind of camera do you shot with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos, as always, are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you sent the pictures off yet? I love the one with the gates looking up to the temple - Beautiful! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great shots. you've made the temple look 2 dimensional and more of a painting...very cool.
    i like the color on them too.

    jen,
    your simple comments about the house we both grew up in were very touching. i have such fond memories of that home and for you to say the "writing is on the wall" only solidifies those memories.
    To see my mother's name etched in concrete, (she passed away when i was 16 yrs. old, and since then i have named my daughter after) would be more than a rewarding trip to return and see. years spent in that home were the highlight of her life.
    and my silly drawing i did when i was 6? i remember drawing that...with what? i don't know, but it's stood the test of time, and i am thankful.
    is your family no longer living there?
    i'd love to return and see the place.

    thanks for dropping a line.
    keep in touch.
    - duston

    ReplyDelete