Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Adventures...

Today was just a fun day! We went to see my friend Susie and chatted for a bit. Then we went out to Wheeler Farm and had a picnic lunch and fed the ducks. It was windy and quite chilly, but still a lot of fun. The geese came right up to Amy and took the bread right out of her hand. She LOVES ducks. So she was really excited.

Here they are- poor Aly was so cold. Needless to say our picnic was only a few minutes long! :)
Then we drove back to 'our neck of the woods'. We drove out into the hills/base of the Oquirrh Mountains. Did a bit of off roading to see if that train track area we took pictures at last year was still open. (it was) Aly hated the bumpy roads and Amy loved them.
The views were incredible- of both mountain ranges.

Then as we came off the dirt road, I found this awesome area. I didnt want to take Aly out too far but you can see- its beautiful with the snow covered mountains in the background. Had we hiked up a bit further, we'd get more of the mountains in the photo. I didnt have enough time to get my camera setting right, but I think that its an amazing area. Some yummy lens flare... Still having issues on nailing that technique...The grass is not that green {yet!}. That was part of the post process. But gives you an idea of how it will be in a few weeks. :) Anyway- such a beautiful place!Tomorrow we are doing Easter pictures down at Temple Square. Wish us luck. :) Daniel will be wearing this aWeSOmE blue paisley tie (thanks Salina!). He is totally not thrilled. But- trust me, its gonna look good!

4 comments:

  1. Your girls are so cute! It seems like you are loving the family life and that is so good. I'm glad that you found my blog :) Thanks for the advice about the baby weight, I think I will get it off with time. It would be fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where that says benjamin, it's actually me, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pics turned out AMAZING! Can't wait to see that field green for real!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm not too sure about lens flare, it kinda just happens, not something I plan. Great pictures here!

    ReplyDelete