Swedish Tarts
Ingredients
· ½ lb. butter (room temp.)
· 2 egg yolks (keep the whites set aside in a bowl)
· ½ C. sugar
· 2 C. flour
· 1 tsp. almond extract (this makes them taste amazing)
· 1 pinch salt
· 1 cup very finely chopped almonds (keep more on hand just in case you need it. I usually do.)
· Approx 20 candied cherries, cut in half
Mix ingredients in order (I just use a wooden spoon and it works great). Shape into balls (about an inch in diameter). Dip into egg whites (roll them around so they are completely covered) then roll in chopped nuts. Firmly press candied cherry, cut side down, into cookie (press hard enough to get it down in there but not so hard it starts to crack at the edges, got it?). Place on ungreased baking sheets with at least 1 inch between each cookie (they don't grow to much but it's good to give them some elbow room). Bake at 350ยบ for 15 to 20 minutes. They should be starting to turn a light golden brown(they take 20 minutes in my oven). You can take them off the baking sheet after about 5 minutes and then let them cool on a rack. This recipe makes about 30 cookies so I always double mine because I can't stop eating them.
Ingredients
· ½ lb. butter (room temp.)
· 2 egg yolks (keep the whites set aside in a bowl)
· ½ C. sugar
· 2 C. flour
· 1 tsp. almond extract (this makes them taste amazing)
· 1 pinch salt
· 1 cup very finely chopped almonds (keep more on hand just in case you need it. I usually do.)
· Approx 20 candied cherries, cut in half
Mix ingredients in order (I just use a wooden spoon and it works great). Shape into balls (about an inch in diameter). Dip into egg whites (roll them around so they are completely covered) then roll in chopped nuts. Firmly press candied cherry, cut side down, into cookie (press hard enough to get it down in there but not so hard it starts to crack at the edges, got it?). Place on ungreased baking sheets with at least 1 inch between each cookie (they don't grow to much but it's good to give them some elbow room). Bake at 350ยบ for 15 to 20 minutes. They should be starting to turn a light golden brown(they take 20 minutes in my oven). You can take them off the baking sheet after about 5 minutes and then let them cool on a rack. This recipe makes about 30 cookies so I always double mine because I can't stop eating them.
I didnt read the directions too well (yep... of course!) and mixed my nuts in with the batter. It came out fine, but I also decided to drizzle chocolate over them. They are super easy, and OH SO GOOD!!!! I made them because Daniel has a pot luck at the department... Gosh- I feel like one of those room moms in elementary school! Anyway- if you try it, post and let me know how you like em.

Um. Wow. I think that post was more confusing than my boring one about crime! But thats just because you lost me when you said you had to seperate the eggs. SAVE ONE FOR ME! Yum.
ReplyDeleteHi Jen! About the calendar... I printed it at home, then pasted the pages together to make the calendar, and had it bound at Offic Max. I think it $2.49 for the binding? Super easy!!
ReplyDelete