I have been on a quest to make more Japanese food. I grew up on it, and I would love to pass those unique dishes and experiences to my girls. I rarely make any Japanese food (except curry) because of the time involved. However, today I made gyoza (known to the rest of America as potstickers). We had this quite a bit growing up, and when I asked my mom for the recipe, she said to put a little of this and that in it. Needless to say, I havent put as much 'this' in or too much 'that' in. However, tonight they came out just right. Daniel and I made over 130 gyozas (wrapped and pleated by hand... yes- this took almost 4 hours from start to clean up)
I also made egg drop soup. Remember how I blogged a few weeks ago that I was so excited it didnt turn into glue? Yep, I spoke too soon. I totally over-added my eggs and it practically looked like a runny omlet. I was about to cry and called my mom in Hawaii. She was laughing hysterically at me and then told me what I did wrong. I used the very last of my chicken broth and pulled off a beautiful egg drop soup.
They look kinda funky in the picture, but boy were they good!! Maybe someday mine will look as nice as yours Mom.

Here is what Amy looked like after eating egg drop soup. She loved it... but Im not quite sure how much she got.
No comments:
Post a Comment