Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Inspiration

So I got the Deseret Book Catalog today in the mail. Love flipping through that and taking a relaxing bath... I found these amazing prints that I want for my home. They are beautiful. They are even half off right now. I was just about to add it to my 'want list' when I saw that even at half off they are still $220!! I looked a bit closer at the picture and thought- Could I do that?? (The link to the photo doesnt come up too well- sorry) So I went into my crazy photo archives. I thought- I've photographed the SL Temple a lot. Surely I could find a decent photo to play around with. Here is what I came up with. Not done yet, but its a start. I think that I may enlarge it and have it framed in black. Its not panoramic... but I still like it. What do ya think? (For some reason you cant click on these pics to enlarge. I just dont understand it... But I used textures and grunge brushes on it. Tried to give it a bit more depth)



Now time for bed. Not that I am old, but I am finding that I just cant function off no sleep like I used to.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Looks like a storm is brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even remember how I happened onto your blog, but I just love it. Your pictures are so amazing and you also have good "material" to work with - your girls are adorable!!! I wish I lived in UT so you could take some pictures of my family. Maybe next time I'm in town?

    Anyway, how would I get one of these pictures? Is it even possible? You can email me at dsturg11ATyahooDOTcom.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete