Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Why I love my wood floor...

The girls have been begging me to get out the paints. Now I'm not sure about all you out there- but painting with a 2 and 4 year old requires a lot of vigilance. You just cant let them go to town. If you do, you will end up with multi colored carpet. (I speak from experience. Might I add, not everything is washable) So I caved in today and let them paint. Amy liked it for the first milisecond, and then lost interest. She actually wanted to take pictures and kept dragging my tripod around. I guess I have 2 budding photographers. (My kids actually have their own camera. Over the top? Maybe. But its just one of my old little point and shoots. This is the age most mom's start their girls in dance. Well, I just train my kids in photography and photoshop!) Aly loved painting and painted for a good hour. Aly is a bit older, so I thought I could bake some rolls and kind of supervise from the kitchen (its an open great room, so she wasnt too far away). Well, lets just say- this is why I love my wood flooring. And... someday when I have a house I'll be in forever... I wont have carpet anywhere. (because you know... Amy peed all over the carpet today after bath)

Here is Amy painting for a split second
Amy Painting

Aly painting
Aly Painting

Amy and the tripod
the budding photographer

the set up {and yes, this is a long exposure shot- so you do see a bit of aly walking around in the shot. hey- i could have told you that you were hallucinating...)
the set up

the aftermath... the good version... there was a huge green glob I cleaned up prior
the aftermath

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one. Wood floors are the best. Same goes for leather sofas, I think. Throw up and other things wipe off and don't stain like fabric.... Just a helpful little hint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome floor. I haven't been to your house in a really long time. It is fun to see all your cute pictures. We can be blogging buddies now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! and I guessing you made their totally adorable aprons? I am glad you let them paint. Painting is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Yep, Brooklynn loves to paint also and it does take a lot to let her. We really want wood floors but can't do it yet. That is really nice for you though that it is easy clean up. Looks like they had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave! I've always held on to the opinion that painting is best done at school...where they have linoleum floors and a special room set up for it. But the wood floor does help! (but maybe she was just trying to paint the floor like someone else I know!!!)

    LOVE that Amy uses the tripod and everything! You are training them well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I love their cute little painting aprons. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never live without hardwood floors!
    I LOVE that they are into photography... my kids fight over hte point and shoot one - I should get them each their own for Christmas!
    You did awesome on those skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel like such a bad mom because I hate it when my kids paint. I avoid it at all costs.... you are a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just remember Trace Atkins song...your going to miss this. : )

    ReplyDelete