I was just thinking tonight about how precious this time in my life is. I just stumbled across a quote from Elder Ballard's last conference address. He quoted Anna Quindlen who said, "The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).
Yes, I am going to treasure the doing a little more. I am going to treasure the little hugs, kisses and conversations I share with my babies. I will be okay if toys are everywhere, but we are having fun together. I will just enjoy being a mother.

Such a great reminder! Thanks! (Love the goggles BTW!) Now if she'll stop waking up at 5:30am, I think I can stay awake to enjoy them more!!
ReplyDeleteI have to tell myself this every single night, as I am thinking, "Oh, I can't wait until bedtime so I can clean up!" Thanks for this sweet reminder! :)
ReplyDeleteAlways the hardest thing to remember but always the most important. Thanks, Jen.
ReplyDeleteThat was such a good talk, very good advice! I love that picture of Aly.
ReplyDeleteSo true! I needed a reminder like that. Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteThat is so great. I will have to write that down. I am extra stressed and ornery since being pregnant and I definately do not treasure those moments lately. Thanks for sharing. Cute picture also.
ReplyDeleteI love this shot of your girl!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute shot, and such a great reminder of taking time to make the little moments count.
ReplyDelete