Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

{our trip to bear lake}

We just got back tonight from Bear Lake. We had such a great time!!!! I didnt want to come home. :) {I couldnt narrow it down to a few pics... so you get my top 14}

Beautiful Lake

We left on Wednesday and took our time driving up. We got into Garden City about 3-ish and decided to go explore and see what was around us. I snapped a few of Aly on the side of the road, and Aly insisted on taking my picture. She is my little budding photographer!

Aly

Photographed by Aly

cool hay

We played at the beach and of course snapped some pictures. We met up with our friend, Mark (he acutally spotted us on the side of the road snapping pictures. I look up and the next thing I knew- I see this white SUV whip around with red and blue lights on... Perhaps I ought to start paying attention.) Mark took us to this incredibly yummy pizza place and we had a great time chatting. (Thanks Mark! Next time you are in SL, you'd better come on over!) :)

fun at dinner

Thursday we played at the beach. The girls loved playing in the water- and we were the only people on the beach. It was wonderful. We also drove around the lake and went up into Idaho. We stopped at this little tabernacle that was built by the pioneers. The stone was cut and hauled to the tabernacle site over the frozen lake. It was a beautiful building. (Sometimes I wonder if I would be as dedicated as the pioneers.)

Beach bums

Tabernacle

Tab2

i love old stuff

more old stuff i love

Our drive that probably should have taken 30 minutes turned into... well a lot longer. I saw all these really awesome old barns and houses. Poor Daniel- he was always anticipating me yelling STOP!!!! But I must say... I fell in *love* with this house! Its my dream house... only a bit more fixed up. Did I mention that I just love it? Really love it.

LOVE THIS PLACE


Thursday night, our friends Matt, Kim and Carter came up. We had a great time Friday- just hanging out at the beach all day long. (and eating raspberry shakes) We really didnt want to go home. The girls loved playing in the water- and Carter even dove in with his clothes on- right before we were going to leave. So... that just made it so that we had to stay just a bit longer. Just to get the wiggles out!

us

This was the view outside the place we stayed.
sunset

And of course one last photo... I found this bus near the Randolph/Woodruff area. Just had to pull over. It would be perfect for a photoshoot. I told Daniel its time to move and get some land to spread out on. And perhaps have weird random things like a bus or grain silo (or old barn) all over the place. Hmmm... I can dream right?!
coolest bus ever

12 comments:

  1. If you need any old junk for your 'dreamhouse' my family has plenty. You'd probably love up where we used to live in Idaho if you love all those old houses. Our place up there is covered with them. Even an old bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! We are so glad that you had such a good time! Aly takes great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the beauty in things through your lenz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pictures. Seriously you are so amazing. Looks like you had a great time. Talk to you soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great you got to get away. Aly takes great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make my country beautiful through your art. Steph was just looking at your images and was commenting on your "good eye." And it was soooo fun spending a little time with you, Daniel and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yah Amy knows how it feels to get yelled at to stop as well :) pictures look great here. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Amy and I took the long way home from yellowstone driving through Teton NP and also driving by Bear Lake. I really liked bear like and the awesome color of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my husband totally feels for your husband! A few weeks ago we drove to Idaho and I kept gasping at the beautiful old houses, barns, and "jnk cars" everywhere! If I would have been by myself, we NEVER would have made it to Idaho!
    What town was the old house in? Oh,
    I am in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you take something most people would call useless.. and turn it into a priceless picture. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of the four of you! That is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, these photos are so transportive and just stunning. For me, it's like looking into another world in another time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen and Dan! This is Larren from Oregon, can you send me your current email address please ...LarrenO@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete