Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lately... (another long one)

Wow- seems like this whole week I've been trying to read every second my kids are sleeping! I just finished Breaking Dawn! Loved it!!!!! I think thats my favorite book of the series so far. Im going to openly admit- that becuase I couldnt sit down and read all 700-some odd pages in 2 seconds, I read the last 2 chapters just so my curiosity would be satisfied! :) (Salina- I can just hear you yelling at me now- but c'mon- really? did you think that I could restrain myself?!)

Monday, my friend Kim and I took our kids to the Aviary. Boy was it hot. I think we were there for about an hour before we took the kids to the splash area of Liberty Park. I didnt want to pack my gear around the hot park so I took my little point and shoot with me and it made me really irritated. So... Aly ended up using it the rest of the time. :) But here are a few pics from that. Hardly any of them came out in focus...

The kids had a good time despite the heat!

Flamingos in some pretty nasty water. It really was that green- kind of reminded me of the Simpsons movie ;)Then later that day (am I rambling yet?!) we went to South Salt Lake's Night Out Against Crime. They did a great job and the girls had a lot of fun. (and brought my regular camera) It was fun to meet all the people my sister works with.

This poor guy must have been COOKING. He is wearing one of those K-9 suits that are about 100 lbs- and they DONT protect you from getting bruised. ;)

Max the K-9 dog...

SSLFD

Love these- though I dont want to encounter one out on the road. ;)



Our friends Kyle and Jenilyn also came over for dinner tonight. We had such a great time! It was so nice to catch up after how many years? Thanks be to cyberspace to reconnect with old friends.

And lastly- here are a few I snapped of Amy - she's playing tea party.


6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I didn't realize that book was out yet! What am I thinking wasting my time on other nonsense! I am on my way to B&N today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. #$%&#**#( U#&#%#&#(* ##)#*#^#%!!!!!
    That's about all I can utter out right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! And you can stop by my garage any ole day. In fact next week there are bunch of photographers (Margaret being one of them) are planning on going to Murray park, Monday or Tuesday. I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was sooooo much fun last night! So how late were you up last night? I like your header! I still don't know how to do that. You will have to show that to me too. And the tea party pictures ADORABLE! Well we are off to make the skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics. I'm glad you got some pictures of motors.Oh, and those cops....they investigate crime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous you already read the book. I'm waiting for Tiff to finish hers so I can borrow it, I'm cheap! Looks like you have been busy. We need to get together soon. Maybe Monday afternoon?

    ReplyDelete