Has anyone out there ever run a half marathon? If so, what did you think? Any advice? My friends are being a bad influence on me and Im actually considering it. We want to run one in May (which would hopefully give me enough time). However... here's the catch. I hate exercising and running. Im lucky if I can walk a mile in 20 minutes. As I type this Im eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream straight from the carton. But a part of me thinks it could be fun. Anyway- let me know if you've ever done it and how you trained. :)
Oh since summer is almost winding down... I thought I'd share this one... Aly running in the grass in her tutu. I never want summer to end. 


You got the same sort of "bad" friends I do. I've never done the half-marathon or half-triathlon, although I've been tempted to do the latter. Whatever you do, make sure someone's around to take pictures. Remember: If there are no photos, it never happened.
ReplyDeleteI've done a 10k before, but never gone for the half marathon. Doing the 10k was hard though. My perception of distance was completely off and I thought I was suppose to finish way before I did. I hit the wall as runners call it and struggled the last mile. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!! I did one (the only one I have ever done),last April and I survived and hope to do it again next April. So I would love to get in on the trainning with you. It is not easy and I have to admit the trainning is not very fun and very time consuming, but it was awesome to finish it! We will have to talk more.
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteI've never done a half marathon, but I've run in lots of 5Ks. My 15-year-old son just did the Provo Half Marathon a few weeks ago. I really want to do that one next year, so I'm really need to start training. If I were you, I would do some 5Ks, then 10Ks, like someone else suggested. My son runs track and cross country and is really fast, but he said about mile 10 of the half marathon, he didn't think he could keep going to the end. It was really hard. I still want to do it, though! I think you should go for it, too. I'll let you know if we're doing any 5Ks in the next few weeks. It would be fun to run one together. I'm really slow and always just happy to finish, so you for sure would be able to beat me!