I love Conference weekend. It is so wonderful! Growing up, we always watched conference together as a family. My dad would often go out early on Saturday morning (I rolled out of bed at 10 am for conference and anything before that- was EARLY to me) and get bagels from Einstiens. *yum* I have such great memories of our times together watching conference as a family.
Im trying to keep that same tradition going with my little family. Of course, the girls are much to young to sit through even 5 minutes of conference yet, but they know its a special time. I love how spiritually nourished I feel after conference is over.
While the guys were at Priesthood session (well- except Daniel becuase he was sick), my friends Kim and Jennie came over. We had yummy soup, rolls and blackberry cobbler. Then we crafted... and crafted... and crafted some more. Jennie and I stayed up till nearly 3 am!! Kim made a purse, Jennie and I made hair accessories- and we sewed a lot of belts for the girls and I made an apron. (And after A LOT of diet pepsi- I couldnt even get to bed until about 4 am) We had such a great time!
Here are the little flower clippies and little tulle bows (and the cute rhinestones in the middle)

Can you bring these to the bow making party? I want to see them in person! ADORABLE! Just when I think you are done crafting, you go and surprise me!
ReplyDeleteSeriously. Open a store so I can give you my money. I'm not even kidding! I love everything!
ReplyDeleteWow you had a productive night. You are so crafty, you are always making cute things. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteI am in LOVE with those belts! How fun! You should be the next MARTHA!
ReplyDeleteThose turned out so cute! You will have to show me how to make them Yeah next week is crazy for us too, but after that lets plan on it! I am excited!
ReplyDeleteman you are talented! everything is so darling!
ReplyDeleteI agree love the belts, I would buy them from you.
ReplyDeleteHi Jen! I don't know if you remember me. My name is Talia Staley Draper. We went to high school together. I found your blog through Bethany Talbot Draper's blog and have been SOOOOO inspired by your photography! I just love it! You are so talented! I recently had my first baby and am trying to turn my love for photography into a little something more. Something that can help me stay at home with my baby full time. Any pointers that you can offer me would be soooooo appreciated! I just love what you do! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteSee Ya!
Talia Ü
Jen,
ReplyDeleteLove all your crafts. It was so fun to hang out at Star Mill today. We need to do it again sometime! Can't wait to see your pictures. Sometime soon, we'd like to do some shots on Main Street in Lehi. I'll let you know when!