Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Parties

Okay... so I have to admit. Im not really big into dressing up for Halloween. I have some friends who are SO good at throwing parties and dressing up. Here are my friends, Scott and Holly. How awesome are they?!!!

Scott and Holly

And check out this darling Halloween idea! I just may do this for my girls one day this week.

hot dog mummies

As for me, I had no idea what I was going to be. I was doing my grocery shopping and found some cat ears. Bam. Im going to be a cat. Well, I just decided to don a black shirt. Oh- and I decided it would be fun to do some dark crazy make up. I had about 4 different shades of eye shadow on, tons of mascara, eye liner... I felt like it was totally caked on. So I decided to take a picture. And ya know... it didnt look any different than my every day ordinary make up. :) Its weird seeing myself in pictures. I just held my camera up and shot. Here's what I got.

self portrait

So then right before we left, we tried the girls costumes on. What was supposed to be Aly's costume actually fit Amy. Oh dear. So we ran to Costco and returned Amy's costume and Aly got to pick out a new one. She chose this one. She said it looked like Taylor Swift's dress in the Love Story video. {seriously- how old are you Aly?!} So now she is Taylor Swift for Halloween. Although- why do the kids princess dresses have to be so... immodest? What are we teaching our girls? And at such a young age? Okay, not getting started on that one. Anyway... that dress needs some modification. And it has to lose that ugly Barbie charm thing sewn on the center. I think I can make it a bit cuter. :) {and maybe a bit more like the dress in the Taylor Swift video}

Aly

{note: none of these pictures are super great. but it was more important to have fun and enjoy the moment than turn everything into a photoshoot- right lighting, perfect backdrop...}

Here's my Amy as a dragon. Dont you love how poofy it is in the hips? So cute! I had my camera draped over my shoulder, and I was holding 2 bowls of chili with cornbread- but she was so cute that I just had to get a picture. I just pressed the shutter and hoped for the best. At least she was in the shot. More than I expected.

Mims

So... thats whats going on in life. I wanna keep my kids little forever. I love being a mama and I love this age. Demanding, yes. But so rewarding.

8 comments:

  1. i normally don't really like halloween, but now having kids it's so much fun! it's fun now to decorate and all that stuff....I really like that hot dog idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my SIL always does a Halloween party. Too bad she has lived in Australia for the last few years. I actually think it is fun to dress up. My costume ideas are pretty lame compared to the other ones there, but it is fun.

    P.S. you look totally cute in your picture. I am sure you made a cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halloween. I wish I had a chance to dress-up. But I can't barely afford the kids outfits! Anyway, cute costumes on you kids and I'm sure looked great as a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute costumes. I totally forgot you were friends with Holly. How are they doing anyways. Your kids are getting so big and they are so adorable. Yeah Halloween isn't really my thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look darling, sorry I didn't call you before I left town, what a crazy day. Anyways hope all is well. See you later. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute costumes. yeah, I have to dress up this year, so I am being really original and being a bumble bee. Step back huh! Well look at your calender! we need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun shots! Love that dragon costume, and you look really cute, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hot dog things look really good!

    ReplyDelete