Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

At the dealership...

Here are some pics I took of the girls at the dealership last night. We went up to Murdock Chevorlet and got an awesome deal on a car. (I highly recommend them!) Im so excited that I finally have a car again and am no longer stranded. :) Thanks everyone for all your help!

Amy in the 09 SilveradoLove lens flare!And yes- those are my babies in front of the 09 CORVETTE!! Aly loved that and the Silverado. Expensive taste!

7 comments:

  1. So I'm assuming you don't want Andrew's Sentra??? Well what kind did you guys get? I'm also assuming it wasn't the Silverado or the Corvette! I'm happy that you have the car back! I guess whining does pay off....eventually! Now where to go today!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silverado is my dream truck. I have pictures and model trucks of that EXACT truck sitting on my desk at work. I'm in love with that truck!!! I'm drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will go out on a limb, you picked up one of these two beauties for under 5k right? Do tell us which one you ended up with Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cars! Glad you were able to get a car...Ken and I share one car so I understand how excited you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely no external flash. Most recitals ask you not to use flash besides it doesn't help the picture. You can lose a lot of the natural light that way. There are 3 things to remember about low light action photography.

    1 - Shutter speed - you must keep it above 1/125

    2 - Aperture - keep the lowest aperture possible. I have the 70-200 f/2.8 and always keep it at f/2.8.

    3 - ISO - ISO is the one thing that you can really play around with. Don't be afraid to bump it up to 1000 or above. I usually try to keep it around 800 if possible. Most people find ISO acceptable when you see action photos. It's worth bumping up the ISO rather than having a blurry and dark picture.

    I hope that helps.

    Great photos here bytheway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So? Whta did you get? The Corvette? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 50mm f/1.8 would work fine. The lens is great for portraits, but when it comes to low lighting action photography it's a little difficult because the focus point is only 2 inches meaning it has to dead on for it not to be blurry. So try bringing it up to like 2 or 2.8 when you're taking the pictures to try it out.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete