Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Playing catch up...

What a fun week it was! Daniel's parents and neice and nephew came and visted us for a week. It flew by so fast. We went swimming at the Kearns Pool, went to Silver Lake, celebrated 4 birthdays, visited family, lit fireworks, went downtown to Temple Square (and to take pictures
0f course!) and I probably gained 3 lbs because we ate so stinkin much.
Our floors are done! We got them done a few ours before our family got in. I also painted the kitchen, dining, family and hallways. So... just a few small touch ups and we will be DONE. Yessss...Silver Lake- it was so pretty up there. Plus- it was 76 degrees up there- and 102 in the valley. So lovely.Birthday cake! It was my first experience with fondant icing. It sagged some while I drove it to my parents house (gotta love 100+ degree weather!)- but it was sure yummy! (It was made out of marshmallows) It was fun... but I think it may be a Costco cake next year!More party details- my neice and I stayed up late the night before and made little tags, napkin rings and decorated the cups with scrapbook paper. It was a lot of fun!The birthday girls (thanks Daniel for taking pictures so I could participate in the party)My nephewHere's where those darn 3 lbs came from. (but they were some yummy 3 lbs)Downtown- I think I have a thing with doors...

One of my favorite doors. ever.

6 comments:

  1. Well they are quite the doors. I really like that one of Amy in the purple dress and the columns. Is that near the exchange place? Your house is so pretty, love that new floor! I am glad you had such a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floors turned out beautiful! I need to come see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have had a busy week! The floors look AMAZING! The cake looks like it was YUMMY! (I've never attempted fondant...have to try it sometime) I think I have a new favorite door too...that lovely red one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy you have been busy! Happy Birthday to your girls! I always say what you said about your cake, I am going to buy one next year, and I never do. You think I would learn from the stress! Your home looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it. We just need to plan something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks great. It was fun to see you the other night. We will have to plan a play date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flooring looks very nice. We have thought about getting flooring. Did you do them yourself or pay someone. How much was it?

    ReplyDelete