Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh my, oh my...

Yesterday was Amy's second birthday. I cant believe my little baby is 2!!! She is talking so much now. (And sometimes says the funniest things. I think her favorite phrase is "oh baby!") Last night we just had a small family get together and had dinner and cake. (My plans for their combined party are still up in the air- of course I don't do anything until the last minute...) Here is a picture of Amy when she was born- at 6 lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long. Sometimes its so hard to remember that!
We went out to the field again last night for more pictures (and this time on ISO 200). It was so busy out there with 4 wheelers and dirt bikes! Plus, someone rolled their 4 wheeler so the medics and fire had to make their way through these dirt fields. The girls really enjoyed watching the fire truck on the dirt road. I'm sure they oh so loved me snapping a few pics of them driving by, but I just couldn't resist! :)

Daniel snapped a few of us girls. The color is so muted when I bring them into blogger... I dont know why- but they look tons better in Photoshop.And here is my 2 year old birthday girl!


So after I got Aly in bed (Amy napped so she was up until 11) I decided to extend my red wall just a bit and fix some chipped spots in the wall. I thought it would be a quick easy paint fix. Well... I stepped back and knocked a FULL GALLON of dark red paint over- past my canvas drop cloth onto my LIGHT BEIGE carpet. Then as I was frantically cleaning up- Amy came over and STEPPED into the puddle of paint- before I could grab her, she had stepped onto the carpet and now I have 2 litte footprints right next to the huge spot of red paint. So... what do we do? Do we just have one part of the carpet patched? Rip out and replace a strip of carpet? We of course dont have any money- we also found out this week that Daniels scholarship didnt come through for this semester like we planned so all of a sudden we owe the school about $800. So- um... when it rains it POURS.


It looks purple, but it is actually a dark red. Dang blogger.

11 comments:

  1. Hehe all you can do is laugh about the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad..makes me feel slightly better about my crystal light stain..You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dang, sorry about the carpet. Your girls are beautiful! I really enjoy looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Man.....Really there has to be something. I will do some research for you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate it when things like that happen. It seems like the projects that seem the most simple and fast are always the ones that turn into catastrophies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics of the girls! I'm sorry about your carpet though. Hopefully your plan will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that super sucks. Can you say area rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That totally stinks about your carpet. When we were painting my nephew got the roller and started painting the tile. Thank goodness that just washed up! I can't think what I would do if he did it on my carpet. Some one said if you use goo be gone or something like that it should come up. I am not sure if you have my new email. Its just my first and last name at hotmail. Let me know if you need help with that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm I've been thinking. You say you had a "painting accident" but I'm thinking I may need to borrow some crime scene tape...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking at your blog! So beautiful! Love the pictures and the darling girls (all 3!) As for your carpet...UGGH! I did the same thing, but not quite a whole gallon worth. I recommend using rubbing alcohol, just pour it over and try blot it out. Other options- a large piece of furniture/area rug.... Not much else as far as I have found. BUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DANG! Thats a BUMMER! Whether its purple or red- it doesn't look fun. Im sorry.. Id agree with everyone else- area rug...

    ReplyDelete