Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Colorado, Aly's birthday, and 5 year shoot... Lots of pics!!!

Well, finally! Here are a few more from Colorado.

A panoramic... Couldnt get it to size right, so Im sure that its tiny... This is in Rocky Mountain National Park... Elevation: 12,000 feet (approx) And really... you can tell! They ought to have oxygen tanks up there- because geez... I needed one!
pano

Shot this just after the entry station at Rocky Mtn National Park... I just put my camera on the ground and shot... Kinda interesting!

Photobucket

Top of Mt Evans... Elevation was about 14,000 feet. We were above the tree line. I actually had no idea that trees couldnt grow above a certain elevation.
np

np

This is right behind my aunt's house.... Love that last bit of daylight peaking through the trees
sun flare

And some mountain flowers in the yard...
flower

Driving home- through Silver Plume. The cutest little mining town...
old house

house

THEN...

Aly turned FIVE. I cant believe it!!! She starts school this week. (Which Im going to try so hard not to cry in front of the whole class...) I cant believe it goes by so fast... We rode Front Runner up to Ogden... she loved it.

A random train...
train

another one

This makes me laugh...
mims

Loved this one too... just shot over my shoulder.... almost deleted, but glad I didnt. She is looking older too. Not liking this growing up thing right now...
mims2

And yes... even more. Maybe I should blog more often. Instead of doing a massive post. Hmmm...

Then we took Aly out for her five year pictures. Usually she is a really good little model... but she didnt want too much to do with me at that point. Not to mention, we were in the middle of this field- about 10 feet away from the car. Daniel informs me that he has dropped his keys. In the middle of a field. Oh... and it was getting dark fast. Did I mention that both of us left our cell phones at home too? Yeah... one of our finer moments. We prayed. Harder than I have in a long time. I really didnt want to be stuck in the middle of a field- in the middle of the night. And even worse, I didnt want to have to pay to replace all the keys... (which would have been well over $100...) And really... by a miracle we found them. Miracle, I tell you.

a

a

A

A

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm even more excited to get out to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen! your pictures are awesome. Colorado sure is beautiful. I am glad you are back and feeling better. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That is super exciting. I love all of her pictures too. I am happy you didn't have to replace your keys. Good luck with school tomorrow. Ours started today. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to ask you what kind of camera you have. We are going to be saving up for a decent one, since I hate our current one. We have some exciting stuff coming up soon, and I want a decent camera for everything. Also... did you take any classes, or did you self teach? Also... when I can finally afford my new camera, could I maybe go with you and you can teach me how to take amazing pictures like you? I'm always in awe at how beautiful your pictures are. I tell people about them and your talent all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ALY!!!! Jen she will do great in school! and of course I love th pics!

    ReplyDelete