
So today I decided to make this really yummy cheesey vegetable soup for dinner. My friend Kim gave me the recipe. I made everything up and put the last of the ingredients in... and it didnt look right. It was runny, watery and just kind of nasty looking. (I wont say what I thought it looked like...) So I called Kim and asked her what I did wrong. I found out that I tripled the chicken broth. Oops... So I thought I could just add more cheese and flour to thicken it up. Well... I accidentally bought fat free cheese. (Why do they even sell that stuff... I swear its not cheese- and it really doesnt break down like normal cheese.) Long story short... my soup looked like runny grits that had the saltiness of the Great Salt Lake. After I soaked my pot with cheese burned to the bottom, I promptly went to Chick-fil-a.
I also ruined some cupcakes last week.
Mom, wanna come be my chef?

Thank goodness for fast food, or frozen dinners. There are day when I've messed up so bad or it was just stressful to even think about what to cook.
ReplyDeleteFinally something you can't do well! :o)
ReplyDeleteLol... Im glad Im not the only one who seems to ruin every dinner I try to make... no joke EVERY time I try something new, we end up with Little Ceasars pizza :(
ReplyDeleteOh next time I really ought to take a picture of my burner on fire. Thats a regular occurance too. Along with the smoke pouring out of the oven...
ReplyDeleteAhh the joys of cooking. Thank Goodness for fast food! And now with the new one in Jordan Landing! We can get it even faster!
ReplyDeleteI <3 CFA.
ReplyDeleteThats the worst!! I hate when you make something and just one thing is off.. so you spend hours tryin to make it work, and it just seems to get worse and worse!! Ugh.. been there, done that... many-a times! Oh PS.... we went to the train and took our family pics, I think they turned out awesome! Shes photo shopping them now.. but Ill post em as soon as I get em. Thanks again for the location!
ReplyDeletelol. i've SO been there!! It drives me insane when something doesn't turn out how I think it should! -even if Isaac pretends that it tastes fine! lol. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is a bummer. I know you are a great cook. Your better than some that just won't cook. I've messed a few dinners up too!
ReplyDelete