Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

Mom's cooking...

So I remember all those wonderful meals my mom made. It seemed she never messed up. (Well- the meatloaf...LOL!) Somehow I didnt inherit that trait!!! I have been trying to cook for years! Some stuff turns out okay, but other times- well I completely forget ingredients, or even forget about the meal all together! (Thank goodness for a recurring timer!) So- tonight I made a balsamic-honey pork chop. See? Looks great huh? Well- Im pretty lucky since the pan looked like this:

You can only imagine what my kitchen looked like as I opened up my stove. I ran this pan out to my BBQ so it could finish smoking. Luckily my smoke alarm didnt go off.

I guess if at first you dont succeed- try try again!

PS: Wanted: Good, easy and FOOL PROOF recipes!!

2 comments:

  1. My new favorite recipe:
    In a crock-pot add
    one can of whole cranberries
    1/2 cup or so of barbeque sauce
    shake in some dried onion
    stir together
    add several frozen or thawed chicken tenders or chicken breasts
    Then cook on low or high until done. (about 3 hours depending on how big your chicken breasts are)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fool proof recipe:
    Step one: Get in your car
    Step two: Drive to Wendys
    Step three: Order cheeseburger
    Step four: Drive home
    Step five: Eat cheeseburger

    Yeah...what can I say. I'm in college.

    ReplyDelete