So, one lovely day, we decided to tackle it. I dont think that Daniel or I realized what a big project that would be. We replaced the breakfast bar tile countertop with a butcher block. Then the remainder of the countertops we replaced with an HD laminate. We took out the backsplash (and had to re-drywall the kitchen again) and put a new deep sink in. I loved it! And I could roll out dough on my countertops again!
But... one thing that CONSTANTLY drove me crazy. The floors. They were a white linolium. They showed every SPECK of dirt that we tracked in. I would mop, and then later that day - it looked as if I never had done it. So... we laid some flooring down. We had had this flooring for about a year and a half. It is in fact vinyl flooring. Daniel and I both had sworn off anything but hardwood. We were going to lay hardwood throughout the entire main and upstairs level. (and at $4+ a sq ft... and needing to save for a new car in the next year or two... it just isnt in the budget) But... we had this on hand and we thought we'd give it a go.
It was by far the EASIEST install ever. After laying laminate, hardwood and vinyl, this was done in about 4 or 5 hours. And... I must say, I really do love it! It really changes the look of the kitchen - and no more constant dirt! Hooray!!
Our little helper / during the process....
Before / After (about 9 months apart...)

No comments:
Post a Comment