Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween... a day late ;)

We had a great Halloween! On Thursday our community did a trunk-or-treat. It was a blast. The kids had a great time and it was fun to see them all dressed up. After the trunk-or-treat we all the parents/kids went to the clubhouse. The kids sat and talked, the men watched sports, and the women all sat around and chatted for a while. One of the best decisions Daniel and I ever made was to move out here. (though there are times I dont think so...) but we have made some of the best friends here.


Here are some pictures from Halloween


The kids at trunk or treat
kiddos crazy on candy and sugar


Princess Seneca

S


S


Axl and his awesome costume
{i seriously love ViBRanT colors! sRGB: i love you}
A


Little Dorothy aka Ryo

R


And check out their mom!

T


So here is Aly as Taylor Swift in Love Story. I put a bit of mascara on her. Her eye lashes are DANG long!!! And I love that golden lighting on her hair too.

A


Me- Dont worry... I didnt go out like this. Daniel just put it on for... I actually have no idea why. I dont remember what on earth he was saying about... whatever. Guns maybe. But it was really heavy. I dont think I could go around all day long with it strapped to my pants. They'd probably fall off.

me


Then today... we went to our friend's house. Sharla taught me how to can chicken! I bought the 40 lbs box at Maceys for $1.19 a lb and canned them all in a pressure cooker. It was seriously awesome. Very time consuming, however it is so much cheaper than buying those small chicken cans from Costco. I'm now going to invest in a pressure cooker. Oh the possibilities! We also made Navajo Tacos for dinner... and... I think Im going to make it again next week.


While the chicken was de-pressurizing, I took some family pictures in the backyard. They have SIX boys! And they were all just so darling! {thats probably not the right word for a boy- but they were!} Anyway- I think that Sharla has superhero powers. She can do everything. Really.

Fam

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

10 comments:

  1. Yea!!!I am the first comment. Ok, so first of all love the Halloween pictures. The colors are GREAT!!! Second, You amaze me with your domestic ability. Oh to just have a little of you rub of on me. And the family pictures are FAB. You are so talented. As for your family pic my vote is vintage or texture. But I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see you're still doing the trunk-or-treat out there. I'll bet it is so much fun. Ryo and Axl look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be a day late, but the wait was worth it. As always, excellent photos. I love the choice you made to go vibrant with Axl and subdued with Ryo. Perfect. And did you flip the holster photo - that's a heck of a rig - or is Daniel a lefty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Halloween shots! I'm impressed with your canning abilities, and I love that family shot you did. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a weekend! Your kids look soooo cute! I love the colors of the family pictures. So I know you have your aunt in town, what about next week wednesday? Talk to you soon. Jenilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pictures! I am impressed that you canned chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun night. The girls look so cute. It cracks me up that Ally is Taylor Swift, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures as always!!! I love that Ally was Talyor Swift, that cracks me up!
    So, you really need to teach me how to can chicken! That is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute halloween photos! I really need to go "shooting" with you so I can learn a few tricks.
    I have also been thinking about canning chicken. You may have just inspired me to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You words are too kind. Canning Chicken was a lot of fun and I'm glad that you are venturing to do it again.

    ReplyDelete