Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Adventures around town...

My aunt is in town right now and we decided to go shoot together. So we went to this abandoned train car. It was so neat! Even though it was all rusted out and the floor was falling apart. {I think it made it all the better!} There was colorful grafiti all over the train too.

train

Check out the texture and color inside. I love it.
train

Here is my aunt shooting. Look at the floor- watch your step!
train

Then after Daniel and I took the girls to the aquarium. It was fun to see all the fish- but it was $22 for all of us (and Amy was free!). I dont think it was quite worth the $22. But- at least we were able to go and do something fun as a family. They had a lot of really awesome fish though- like reef sharks, jelly fish, sting rays (that we got to touch) and starfish. The girls really enjoyed it all.

Aly was excited to see 'Nemo'
Nemo

Checking out the fish
fish

The jelly fish {and to my photog chickies- I shot this at ISO 1600, 1/10 sec, f/2.8 without a tripod.}
jelly fish

This one was ISO 800 1/10 sec, f/2.8 no tripod.
jelly fish

14 comments:

  1. Where do you find these cool places? And I love love love the last jellyfish picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the last jelly fish picture is amazing!! I bet National Geographic would love to get their hands on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures. Love the Jellyfish. Also where did you find that cool abandoned train. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a steady hand, these are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1/10 second with no tripod? You should be a surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what Mark said about being a surgeon! Mine always are blurry!

    I'm thinking D needs some pictures at this awesome train!! You must tell me where it is!

    I've been to that aquarium too, and feel it is overpriced for what is there too. But it's still fun to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Jelly Fish pictures are so awesome! Is that aquarium in Sandy? I was thinking about going their but if its not worth it maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! $22 does seem like a lot to visit the aquarium, but I'm sure the girls had a fabulous time. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous color in these, Jen! I love that train car. Is that out by Saltair?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so amazed every time i come on your blog!! your pictures are awesome!! I've been wanting to go to the aquarium, but debated on it since it was so expensive... maybe we'll go to Cabella's instead. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, so I think I got your e-mail wrong, because the message I sent you got sent back. What is it again.?
    jordanfamily7@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that last one, too. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, you have quite the photo fan club. I think you are set for life! :)

    Yeah I remember those silly things we used to make! Remember when we made cucumber wine and made Sammy eat it? ha ha

    ReplyDelete