{there was quite a bit more on the carpet... but if you saw it, well- its just not a good thing. lets say... i was not a happy camper}
They climbed into the closet, grabbed the art bag, unzipped it on both sides, undid the buckle and un-latched the tether thing. Hmmm... well- Im not going to have that problem anymore. I threw the paints away. Yep, in the garbage. Goodbye paints. You will never again plague my carpet.
So they sat in time out.
After much scrubbing, Im happy to report there is minimal staining on my carpet. {so minimal that you probably wouldnt notice if you just glanced at the carpet} I hate carpet. Someday I will have beautiful hardwood throughout my house. Yes, someday. For now... mommy is in need of a break. :)

You deserve a break! I am always very nervous when there is a moment of silence at my house. It is NEVER a good thing!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the time-out shot.
ReplyDeleteMany years ago when my three oldest boys (now 22-18) were very young I heard them playing in the front yard. Then it got a little quiet. Yeah.
I heard the hose go on, then off a half minute later. More quiet. Then I heard the hose go on again. Now I was listening carefully with a lap full of paperwork. The hose went off again and I heard one of the boys say "is it out yet?"
I finally got up, quickly, and went outside. They'd lit a little fire and it had gotten away from them, so they'd been doing their own "fire suppression." Happily no one died and it was put out.
It's just more evidence that quiet+kids=bad.
Ooooh. No fun! The time out shot is adorable, though! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, not a good day for mom! You just wonder how these ideas get into the kids minds.
ReplyDeleteMy first reaction was, OH mY GoodNEss! But then I remembered your spill....they are just trying to "paint" like MOM! I'm always up for a break...come on over!
ReplyDeleteThats a bummer! But hey, It made for some good pics! And no stains remain, so now it can be a lifetime memory. In the future you can laugh about it.. while sitting on your hardwood floors :)
ReplyDeleteWay to document it. I am glad you got it out. My carpet had a run in with a 3 year old and a sharpie. But I can't get mine out....GRRRRR. But I am glad things worked out better for you.
ReplyDeleteOh! Sweetheart, I am SO sorry. How many times has that happened to you now? It's just not fair. Hope everything gets better.
ReplyDeleteHaha, kinda had to chuckle. You are helping me though, by teaching me all the things Maddy will get in to, so I do owe you a thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteIt really is a beautiful painting though:) I love the time out shot, so cute.
ReplyDeleteWe have those paints. Thank the lucky stars it comes out! I love that picture of her in time out. All though she probably didn't like it too much.
ReplyDeleteI always know Ayden is up to something not so good when he is THAT quiet! I hide the paints upon a top shelf in a closet. That works for now.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that no matter how bad the deed was that got the child put in time out, I still feel bad for them?! That picture broke my heart! :) I know... I am a sucker!
ReplyDeleteThat is a bummer. Don't you just love kids. Quiet isn't always a good think is it?
ReplyDelete