The Good:
DANIEL GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! He got picked up by a local department one day before graduation! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!
Daniels family came into town on Wednesday night. It has been so much fun having them here!! They have been such a delight. I have really enjoyed spending time talking with my sweet mother in law and playing around with the kids. They really have grown up.
Daniel's graduation. WOW! I was close to tears the whole time. I can blog about this now because it has a 'happy ending'. All the long nights, struggles with the kids by myself, grocery shopping by myself and hauling all up in SEVEN loads, being lonely, being the practice dummy for those awful take downs, being the practice dummy on getting arrested... IT HAS ALL PAID OFF in one night! His new lieutenant presented him with his graduation certificate (more on that story in a few). I can now write about it because its over- but that was the longest eight months of my life. So intense. There were times I thought it would never be over. But when I saw him taking that oath to protect and serve... it was all worth it. This is him... this is his career. I know that this academy thing has been some of the hardest stuff on both of us. But even though it was hard- I learned a lot of lessons. Really- thanks to all of you (family and friends) for your support and love during this time. Here's a few pics...




The Bad:
As the Lieutenant was giving Daniel his certificate I was snapping away with my camera. I still dont quite know how to use my flash yet... and it didnt recycle in time. I MISSED THE SHOT!!!!!!! Well... didnt exactly miss it. It just came out crappy. I seriously cried. OF ALL THE PHOTOS TO MISS!!!!!!! GRRRR!
The Ugly:
Ugg... its something I dont even want to blog about. Im still really upset about it. We were driving out today and running errands. I had my niece and girls in the car. Daniel had his parents and nephew in our other car. We had split up to go to different stores when I got a call from my mother in law. They had been in an accident. A billion things went through my head. My first thought was- is everyone okay. They were. Just shaken up. Very very lucky considering air bags deployed and everything. My second thought was- AGAIN?!!!!!!! We just got our car back!!!!!! It was 3 weeks ago today that Daniel got rear ended! (as I write this, I still feel sick to my stomach)
Here is what happened: Some MORON decided to drive on the freeway probably going 80 mph with an UNSECURED BBQ (yes a BBQ... not just a small cheap one- but those nice huge $800 ones... the ones with the five million burners... warmers... you get it). Okay... time out. Does one possibly think that this is safe? Anyway- you can imagine that it fell out! Yep- all over the road. Everyone was swerving. The lady in front of Daniel rear ended the car in front of her, and then AFTER she had hit that person, Daniel rear ended her. Well... luckily everyone was okay. However... UHP is holding the BBQ guy, Daniel and the lady in front of Daniel partially at fault. We are hoping that either its a no fault or that just the dumb BBQ guy gets the ticket.
Either way our car is totalled. [note: I am kind of sad to see my car go too. Maybe Im just being too emotional now...] Since we are either partially at fault or it will be ruled no fault that means no rental this time. It means one car family.
Anyway... Im going to stop writing about this because it is just making me feel worse. Although I will say if I ever see BBQ guy... EW... Grrr... Yeah... [major crusty....]
So there's the week... I guess its always important to remember that each day is important. Dont take anything for granted. Hug those you love just a bit tighter. Say a kinder word. [except to the bbq guy. not ready for that yet] Remember whats really important.

It has been a week of extremes. It really was the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am just glad that everyone is ok.
ReplyDelete