Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

[christmas decor... part 1]

why do i feel like every year, i change my decor? every single winter. this year, i pulled out my christmas stuff. and... i decided i needed a second tree. one for my ornaments... and one for the 'other' ornaments. ;) so... i plan on getting another tree on clearance this year so i can do just that next year.

anyway. i find that as i find me, and my style... i change a lot. things in my house evolve and change. i re-paint. i constantly challenge myself to think of new things to do. and i keep {yet another} blog of all my crafting ideas i find. and things i want to do. someday. when i figure out how to function off 2 hours of sleep.

so, here are a few of my favorite holiday photos.

1. vintage frames. from the di. these ones were pretty much all $1. unless you go with the small square ones. they were .50. i spray painted them blue. (robin's egg blue, to be exact) didnt like it. then i went with red. and now i want to go with white. but, its going to have to wait. darn cold. oh, and did i mention, aly arranged the frame layout? yep. thats my girl.
a

2. the girls and i made cheap ornaments. i got 2 sheets of chipboard from heartland paper. for .60 each. i traced this bird pattern on, cut it out (my thumb is STILL numb from all that stupid cutting. chipboard is NOT fun to cut through) then, we painted the birds in all shades of blue. glued those ornament hooks on the back and we were done. total cost was $1.20. for 30 birds. love me some cheap ornaments (that are cute!)
birds

brids

3. and the trees at the end of my hall. the ones the girls love playing with. the trees that are tipped over every. single. day. and my vintage frame above. di for $8. i plan on hanging a berry wreath (small one) from the frame. in a satin ribbon. just picture it. because its probably not gonna happen this year. just sayin...
tree

same shot. just out of focus. lol
j

...to be continued...

5 comments:

  1. You are so great at decorating. When you can make new stuff for so cheap why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen fabulous ideas with the frames. My bedroom needs some decor hmmm.........I hope you are well and only 4 more days until no school WAHHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frames! I was actually at the D.I. this afternoon buying ugly sweaters for an "ugly sweater" Christmas party this weekend. I wish I would habe looked at the frames......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love to see all your decorating projects. I wish I had talent in that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the trees: it's unbelievably beautiful! I love everything about that picture...the lighting and composition...wonderful. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete