Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

memories...

I was 14 years old. It was a warm early summer day. I sat at a table in my next door neighbor's backyard. We were in our 4-H painting class. I remember our little art lesson... (well, it was kind of like Charlie Brown- that teacher... waa-wahh-wahh) I was too distracted. Laundry was hanging on the line to dry, the sound of water from an old moss-covered fountain, the old gazebo with its white paint chipping away, and the grape vines that covered the old fence that bordered my yard from my neighbor's. I remember watching my best friend start painting on her canvas. And I sat there. Wanting to paint the sunshine.

It wasnt until recently that I learned to capture what inspired me. I still cant paint,(well... come on, stick people are pretty cool right??) and I still get distracted on warm summer days. But I am finally becoming me. And being me feels pretty good. :)

Some from the summertime. Ohhh how I love summer. :)
summer

summer

summer

16 comments:

  1. I love summer too, I wish we could skip winter! love the warmth of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure know how to capture the perfect light! what beautiful pictures, and fun memories :)

    kim -peas

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your words... love the photos! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...these are beautiful! Love that first one! ahhh...I miss summer already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! So pretty!!! LOVE the light and how it just puts a soft glow on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just love the look and feel of these -- almost as if you have images captured with a 110 camera years and years ago -- just lovely light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful images!! And oh, how I remember those 4-H days too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous Jenand really say summer to me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the memories! You have turned into quite the talented artist! Maybe we have 4-H to thank for both of us! ha ha. Isn't art the most amazing thing? expressing, capturing or creating something? Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love summer so much and these images are absolutely beautiful! The light is perfection. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning. beautiful writing too.

    ;)

    j.harr (beyond)

    ReplyDelete