Ha! Today I decided to make waffles. I have a recipe from a friend, but I didnt have all the flours. (Really... it seems like there are a billion flours out there!) So, I decided to google 'gluten free waffle recipe'. I came across one on Bob's Red Mill site. I had all the ingredients. I thought, sure this has to be great!
Got all the flours together, added the wet ingredients... Then you were supposed to whip up the egg whites (all 4 of them) to stiff peaks. I thought, great! This will make them light and fluffy. I just ordered a new waffle iron, and then added my batter. The first batch looked kinda funky (see the waffle picture above on the plate) What you can't tell is that they feel like a sponge!! And Im pretty sure thats what a sponge would taste like if it were mixed with an omelet. So, with the remaining batter, I decided to throw in a little extra vanilla and sugar. Then the waffles stuck to the iron. And this time they tasted like a sugared sponge omelet.
So... I think I'll buy the other flours I need and make a tried and true recipe next time. ;)
Monday, March 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment