Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The little girls room... so far

So here is a little bit of the girls room so far. The walls were already painted that color when we moved into the house. I remember the first time I walked in... it was so bright to me! But, as time went by, it really started to grow on me. So we kept it. It really is like school bus yellow! I wasnt sure what direction I wanted to take with it... but I decided on putting a bit of a vintage/retro spin on it. And with the yellow, it really adds some cheer to the room.


Here's what I've finished so far.
The book shelves (those just went up! And not a moment too soon!) And the triangle quilt. I loved the way it turned out, and Im just glad to be done. It was a bit more challenging than I thought, but Im glad it worked!
2013-07-30_0001.jpg


The crib area. (I had the cutest bumper pad to go with the crib, but now that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends not having bumper pads anymore... well, we opted to not put them in.)
2013-07-30_0002.jpg


Ava's side of the room. Her mattress and box spring are still on the floor. We are s-l-o-w-l-y working on getting her to sleep in the bed. This way, she can get out of bed on her own and make her way to ours at about 1 am.
2013-07-30_0003.jpg


Felt ball garland... This was such a fun and easy project. Perfect for those days I felt like just sitting on the couch and doing nothing.
2013-07-30_0004.jpg


And most of all, this little girl loves her room! I hope Ava and her little sis will have fun playing here!
2013-07-30_0005.jpg


Things still on my 'to do' list...
This crate for a bit of storage
This rug in red
I'd love to make this pillowcase
Pulling all the brown 70's looking doors and closets off and spraying them white and getting new hardware

1 comment:

  1. I love their room! You are seriously so talented! Those colors are so fun. Love your blog too, Jen!

    ReplyDelete