Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

the best day with you, today.

dear aly,

today was the best. we went on a mommy + aly date. you were so excited. we dont spend as much time together as i wish. it seems like we are always trying to finish homework, running errands, or doing the next thing that has to be done. but not today. today we were together. just us. i remember when you were about nine months old. in our old house. you dont remember, but i took you outside. we had a picnic on the grass. you couldnt even crawl yet. now, you can do so much. you are reading. you love to make others laugh. you are sensitive. i saw all this today, as i sat across from you at the little bakery. i watched you laugh. i saw a sparkle in your eye. you talked about fairy dust, school and your best friend, bailey. we shared a diet pepsi. (even though, i probably shouldnt let you drink that yet.) and you loved it a little too much. we skipped down the sidewalk. you held my hand. i realize that may not go on too much longer. so i took a mental picture. i didnt want to forget. i dont want to forget what you are like right now. age 5. i love you. forever.

love,
mommy

a

a

a

a

a

9 comments:

  1. How adorable are you? LOOK at those glasses. And I LOVE that kissy face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwh! for sweet:) seriously, aly is a doll and i love her haircut. you have the cutest girls

    p.s. you look adorable in glasses:) i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post!!! so sweet. and SO how I feel all of the time... why does time fly so fast??? she is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooo sweet!! What a good idea to write a note to your kids. I sure love that Aly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen-
    I MISS YOU!!! I love this post. SO sweet. I have to tell you...I am a little mad you saw "E" and Andrea before I have. But you did some amazing pics of her. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post!! I love the first one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious "kissyface"! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love that you had a little date:) I love reading blogs like yours that make me want to be a better mom and cherish each day!

    ReplyDelete