Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

school pictures

a
i know this is not technically perfect. but, i love it. it makes me smile. because she is happy. :)

so a few days ago, (or weeks ago... i lose track) the school sent home this flyer about spring pictures. you could even choose from the fake bunny background, or faux grass! (well, probably not... but whatever. i didnt even read the dumb thing. just threw it away) then, as i dropped my grouch oldest daughter off for school today, her friend's mom told me it was spring picture day. i laughed. she still had remnants of breakfast on her face, as we were rushing out the door to make it in time.

i picked aly up from school. asked her how her day was. she said they did pictures today. but that you didnt need to pay for them, until you saw them... and decided to keep them. i said, "honey... you know we arent ordering school pictures, right?" then she said, "oh. i know mom. we dont order those. we are going to do pictures in the orchard this year. those will be waaay better."

yes. they will be. i cant wait. and neither can she. and that makes me happy. :)

5 comments:

  1. you are creating a little photo snob! I love it! I am positive my children will be equally snobby about kitchy things like faux grass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the word "photo snob" LOL! That just might be my new favorite thing to say! Hey, do you have a price list on your sessions...I would SOOO LOVE a family shoot in the orchard too!:) email me!
    boltonaubrey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Love the "photo snob" comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute:) school pictures suck. i think oaklee is going to be a photo snob too. i want to take her to the orchard too... mmm i love spring.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We train 'em young huh??? D had a REALLy hard time when they brought the fake tuxedo thing-y and wanted him to sit in front of the nasty blue background! Hopefully that one WON'T make it in the yearbook! I love that she's already planning where to go for the next one! She's just Awesome! (And I can't wait for spring to arrive either!!)

    ReplyDelete