Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

my [wow] day!

I cant believe that we are now on our third week of school. Aly has adjusted, and I admit- I have too. There's a routine that has been established... and everything is going much better than expected. And I only cried that one day. :)

Not a whole lot has been going on around here... just homework, reading... being a mom of a child that is in school. But... I had been eyeing a workshop. Actually, I've been eyeing it for about 2 years. And I just never had the $400 ready to do it. Well, I entered a little contest. It was your interpretation of summer. I posted this photo. (here's to hoping it fits on this blog. i have 2 differently sized pics for my 2 blogs... drives me nuts. im gonna fix that. someday)

j
I thought, really- there are people from all over the world entering this. And I forgot. Until this morning. I was feeding the girls breakfast... and I thought... I wonder who won. The winners were supposed to have been announced a few days ago... and LO AND BEHOLD... I saw this:

light


Okay... so I turned into a little school girl and was screaming, jumping up and down... and called Daniel. Right away. Poor man... his ears are probably still ringing.

Still in shock... I keep thinking when I refresh that page, my picture will go away and it will all be a dream. Geez! What a day!

I've also been working on some halloween decor. My theme (no surprise to those who know me well) is a retro halloween. More pics to come... but here is my inspiration fabric.
j

Among other things keeping me busy, this dress:
j

I have another skirt I am making from a true vintage pattern my mom got at the DI.

Im finally finishing the decor on the playroom, focusing next on finishing off the girls' room, swapping out a few decor items at my house for some yummy vintage finds, canning another 40 lbs of chicken (groan), peaches, jam, doing the light workshop- and another one with Dustin Izatt, and doing our family pictures for christmas. Yep, its time to start thinking about that again too.

Sleep? Whats that?

Me and Dr. Pepper though... yeah- we're pretty much BFF's by now.

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on the win! I love that photo, too... it perfectly captures summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHA???? That is freakin awesome that you won!!! so so cool, and you totally deserve it, I love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holly cow you busy gal!!!! That dress is beautiful!!! you are sooo talented. I am super excited you won. That is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations you cute girl! It is about time you submitted some of your work. You are amazing and I am glad you are letting others see that too. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want more details! How was the conference and where was it? Also is that the finished product of the dress or the pattern? I love it!!! Remember when we used to sew baby born clothes! ha ha! now we are both little homemakers. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing, Jen! You do totally deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen that is awesome!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK. Totally jealous. Maybe you can do a workshop for me. I am feeling pretty crummy about photography lately. Congrats again! And thanks for showing me some pictures of your house. You are the decorating genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome that you won. Congrats! you deserve it, you are so creative. And talented. YOu are good at way too many things. I think there was a mistake when talents were being given out, some were suppose to go to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! I'm so thrilled for you! ...And I have to tell you. Just reading about all of the things you are doing makes me tired. Really... When do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is really spectacular to win a contest and I agree...that photo perfectly enbodies summer! (I really need to figure out how to fix the link I have to your blog...I did the invite again but it's not putting you on my dash board).

    ReplyDelete