Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The iPhone camera roll...

I admit, I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I havent picked up my camera in a while. (Though I have a few shoots to share with you in a bit) I've been lazy and have shooting with my iPhone. Its so convenient. I've also been really busy crafting. When its so cold out- I have to do something. I hate shooting in the cold, I get sick of shooting indoors... so I may as well spruce up the place! Spring cleaning {read: de-junking... a full car trip to the DI later} has been done. All closets have been organized. {because when you live in a small place like mine, clutter=clausterphobia} I repainted the playroom. And repainted my living room wall. Im in the process of finishing up both playroom and kids room. I'll show it to you when Im done. I have 2 new pieces of furniture currently being built which I am so excited to get. One of which I will be able to finish on my own. Now thats gonna be fun! {When you buy MDF furniture from Walmart... just make sure you dont move it around. It breaks if you touch it!} And I've been crafting like mad.

As for the Dollar Tree crafts... here they come! Not all these are from the dollar store, but I love to be able to do things that are cheap. I think its a fun challenge.

This is a little wall hanging I made. I found the silver tin at the dollar store, put some scrapbook paper on it, punched holes in it and tied with ribbon.
craft

This tin was also from the dollar store. Just decorated with a favorite swatch of fabric and magnet
craft

I bought this cookie pan at the dollar store too. Then covered it in some paper I had laying around. Punching more holes in the top and hanging with ribbon. I've gotta get some better magnets though!
crafts

I found this darling vase at the dollar store too! The flowers are tissue paper... and took me about 4 days to complete. Very labor intensive.
crafts

Made this apron from some fabric I had laying around. Free pattern + 1.5 yds of fabric = stylish cleaning!
craft

I also printed a bunch of photos and put them up on my wall. I have the most amazing chocolate photo processing action/preset. I hung them with little binder clips. I love them. But my printer broke when I had 2 pages left. So... we are still not quite done.
crafts
Close up {I love that picture of Aly SO much}
crafts

Here was a free project... I had this old magnet board and I just recovered it in paper and ric rac.
craft

A shelf I made out of a board, painted it, put some scrapbook paper on it, hung it with ribbon I drilled into the wall, covered the screws with some vintage buttons and there you have a cheap darling little shelf. {Thanks to my friend Jennie for the idea} Oh and do you see those cute little cans on the shelf too? They are tithing jars my mother in law made!
crafts

Curtain
crafts

Some rice krispy treats my sis and I made. They are covered in white chocolate and sprinkles.
crafts

Wall decor- did everything for under $25. That includes frames AND prints (even a 16x20!)
crafts

Sprucing up some boring hat boxes with a ribbon:
crafts

Adding decor to my shelfs... most I already had. I just re-purposed or reused. The chicken is my valentines gift from Daniel. And roses. :) Love him.
crafts

So... I hope you all now have some inspiration to do some cheap crafting! I'd love to see what you come up with! {Not to mention... I have about 10 other things in the works or on the list!} Really. When will spring come?!

15 comments:

  1. You make me sick. You are so talented and come up with such cute ideas. Love pics on the wall and the framed ones too. Miss ya and love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Jen! And I've been trying to decide how to decorate the tops of my kitchen cupboards, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My jaw is on the floor. You are so awesome! I love everything you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That would take me years and I am dead serious. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I am so glad that we can stay in touch. We still need to do something sometime! I love all of your new crafty projects. I am SOO not talented when it comes to that stuff. You are so creative! I might get inspired if I keep looking at your cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so back to oregon you come.... to decorate my house. Im do boring and I cant decide on colors so I just do nothing. Love you sis. Your awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so crafty! I love those tissue paper flowers. How in the world did you buy all those frames for 25 bucks? Was that also including the cost of the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was soooo good to see you today. I think all of your clothing is super cute. I can't wait for next wednesday. I might have to copy your picture idea if that is okiedokie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...you've been busy! Thanks for sharing some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, love it all!!!! You are so nice to share all of you ideas!!! You are going to have to share with me how you made that curtian... it would be perfect for my little girls room and I already have fabric!

    You are insane for making flowers out of TISSUE PAPER!!! They look amazing! I seriously cant believe you did that.... brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your picture wall is coming together nicely! and the treats are making me hungry! So many cute ideas! LOVE the rooster over your cupboards....how did Daniel ever know that is EXACTLY what you wanted! He's got a gift! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some really cute ideas. My ward is going to do the cookie sheet one for our Super Saturday. Very cute! Thanks for the above the cabinet ideas. I only have about half of mine decorated, cause I didn't know what else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I should work on sprucing my house up too when I get back there. :)

    ReplyDelete