Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Playing catch up...

Still more catch up! Im not even a smidge through editing my 400+ pics from our trip! I've also been de-junking my house. You know when you get that urge to go through and clean? (Kind of like nesting... only this time Im not wiping down my baseboards with a wet wipe. And Im definitely not pregnant!) I cleaned out all our bedroom closets, junk drawers, sent a ton of things to DI, discovered 3 years worth of Pottery Barn catalogs under my bed, oh and re-painted one of the bedrooms. This will make it three times. (In about three years...) And I have plans to re-paint my red accent wall. Crazy? Of course, but thats how I like it. I've been making a few things for my house too... Dollar tree has some really awesome stuff... if you think creatively! (I'll post a pic on this one later!)

So because I am journaling our trip (Im thinking of doing those blog books... anyone done one?) Here it goes! (part one of many, Im sure)

Since I got ahead of myself and blogged my favorite part... Im going to back track and start at the beginning.

We left really early... Im talking before six am. I was actually up at 5:15, and I dont think I've seen the clock at that hour in years. The drive out wasnt bad... just foggy. However! There was this beautiful frost on the trees once we were in Idaho. I've hardly seen this, so I of course made Daniel pull over. (my camera and I shared a seat on the way up. Yep, I love it that much.) Here are a few pics that I shot from my window.

outside

See those trees on the right? They were beautiful!
Trip

We hit the Salem Carousel in one of the first few days. The girls always love going there. Come to think of it, Daniel and I rode the carousel when we were dating.

Carousel

Amy loved it- and was actually big enough to ride on a horse without falling off. :)
A

Aly didnt cry this year! :)
A

It really doesnt go that fast... ;)
Carousel

And- when we were getting on, we saw this on one of the horses- a CTR symbol! Hows that for funny?! :) We loved it.
CTR rocks

Aly especially had a fun time playing with her cousins. Aly and Ashey are just 3 months apart- they got along so well!!
AandA

Then we ventured to the coast (which we just loved, loved, loved!), and hit the aquarium in Newport. This was the aquarium that used to be Free Willy's home. (remember that movie?) It was so awesome. (the aquarium...)

Daniel and Amy - they had this little tunnel under the fish tank for the kids to go in.
fishy

More beautiful jelly fish
jellies

Stopping for a quick family picture- this is us- real. life.
fam

Amy checking out the starfish
starfish

And... the best part of the aquarium... the tunnels... They were amazing, peaceful and beautiful. I could have stayed here for hours. The fish were swimming over our heads... and there were even divers cleaning the tank while we were there. It felt a little 'Nemo-ish' ;)
fish

Oh how I love vacations. :) Im already starting to plan our return trip to Seaside! :)

15 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a wonderful trip, you needed a fun break. As for the painting, I know how you feel, I like change, these white walls are starting to close in on me, I need COLOR!! Oh well I guess I will be pretty busy soon enough. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that CTR! LOVE your jellyfish picture. LOVE it all...LOL.

    I have done a blog book through blurb. I did the 8x8 size. It worked out well. I only put 2007 in it, and I didn't start blogging until August. It was $40 shipped. You can have them "slurp" your blog. Meaning they put it all together for you. I didn't like how it turned out. Also because all my pictures are low res on my blog. So I went through every post and copied the text, imported a full res version of the picture. Honestly it was a pain and took a long time. I am happy it is done. I really need to start on 2008 or I know it will never get done either. But since I have had it done and sitting on my shelf many people have browsed through it. Its been fun! So overall totally worth your time, just do it!

    I guess I wasn't crazy about the layouts they had for pictures. They only had a few choices and it started to feel really redundant. Maybe if you got a bigger size book it would be better. Maybe I will go that route next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was so much fun. I am really jealous. Madison and Logan would love that. And the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go there! It looks so beautiful and fun! I love your pictures! Especially the CTR and the jelly fish. You are truly amazing! I want to see more.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I cant wait to see what you have done with your house... you are always do such creative things! I love those trees!!! How beautiful and of course I love all of the pictures,so fun!

    I also would love to make some kind of photo book with the blog stuff... and the 365. let me know what you findout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous, we love seaside. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It was nice to see a picture of Melissa's daughter, I haven't seen the youngest two kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of your photographs, Jen! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, those white trees are gorgeous!! I love that jelly fish photo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jen! Looks like you had a great trip, I love your blog! I'm warning you once you fall in love with the ocean its hard to get over it...Florida is great.. we are surrounded by water! Make sure you add me to your list when you go private...chrissytaylor10@gmail.com

    Hope all is well...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. Sounds like alot of fun. I like Daniel's new look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Portland is so beautiful! I just love the pacific northwest. I am jealous that you got to spend the last few weeks there. I am so sick of the winter! Beautiful pictures as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a photo studio as well. You are good. I like the pics of the family/kids. Wow! Lindsay Record (Bodine)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your photos, I like the one of the mery-go-round and the CTR. You are a good photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jen, your photos keep getting better. These are vibrant, dynamic, and jump off the page. Please tell me that your going to start making cards... Your work is as good if not better than Anne Geddes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are wonderful, as usual. I can't for the life of me figure out why there would be a CTR symbol on one of the horses, but it's awesome, nonetheless!!!

    ReplyDelete