Amy did it!! She is potty trained! My baby is growing up. I decided Monday was the day. And it clicked. I was so proud! She is doing great! Though we havent mastered #2 quite yet. :) {That is quite an adventure!} I love this photo of Amy too... these are my Aunt Judy's old dolls- my girls found them when we were at my Grandma's the other day and they LOVE them. :)
Half these are off the iPhone... so if they are blurry... you get why. ;)
Aly loves the Scribble App on my iPhone. Its the best free app I've downloaded.
Notice the package of diapers she's standing on? Love em.
We've had fun playing together... reading, and coloring- and crafting.
Speaking of crafts... Here's another rundown of cheap crafts to get your inspiration on!
My sewing chair. It was a sea foam green... which after I repainted the playroom (for the third time) It just didnt go. Enter: $1.19 can of Walmart spray paint {not to mention a sore hand because the trigger on the spray can was stiff} and voila! I love red. Especially that fire engine red color.
Topiary... I went to Tai Pan and all the topiaries were over my price range. The cheapest (in the size I needed) was about $15. I needed 2. I wasnt about to drop $30 on 2 topiaries... So I made my own again. Here's the breakdown.
Greenery: $5.94
Pot: .74
Foam: .50
Dowel: .24
Moss: courtesy of mom (hey thanks!!)
paint and varnish: on hand
Total: $7.42 per topiary
Time: under 30 min
Not bad!
Oh- and the new entertainment center- its here!! And well worth the wait. Its beautiful.
Easter decor... you bet!
The blocks... left over 2x4 that we just cut into blocks... had the paint, and finally got a new blade so I just cut the vinyl from some left over brown I had laying around.
The $2 eggs... that I just threw in one of my canning jars.
My one splurge... :) This is a wooden bunny that looks like a chocolate bunny. I love it! (It was $9)
Pillow from some fat quarters I had... and a backstitch I did... I love it on my green chair. Well... I just love my green chair anyway. The best $5 I ever spent.
The shelf above my new computer desk... the frame was a DI find for $2 that I refinished... The smaller topiary was made for uner $5 and the rest was stuff I've collected over the past while... Looks like I need to do some wall touch ups too. ;)
This last one was a free project... I saw it on a blog somewhere and I had the wood and vinyl so I just popped it out of photoshop, cut it and slapped it on. Cant beat free.

Oh my gosh!!! Jen, I had that exact same baby doll. I called it "Pink Baby" (so original, I know) and I took it everywhere!!!
ReplyDeleteYour projects are fabulous! Great job!
Cute, want to come to my house next? I still don't have Chloe's nursery done, and she's two months old.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! You are such a creative and talented decorator!
ReplyDeleteoh if only my house was as cute as yours!!! hummm.... maybe some day I will get motivated enough to do something about it, lol
ReplyDeleteI love that entertainment center. Where did you get it? I need one badly. We are using a coffee table right now. Love all the decorations.
ReplyDeleteI also have the keep calm and carry on poster (in blue)...... but I won't even tell you how much I paid for the frame.......arrgg why didn't I think of the DI for a frame?! You're so smart!
ReplyDeleteoh I LOVE all your different crafts. I am totally blogging about it okay?
ReplyDeleteI should have known you'd have pic posted of all your new stuff! Love your easter stuff. I didn't see any bunnies at RD today though. Bummer! Got some other stuff. Now I just need to get out my easter stuff. Once again, you've inspired me....well....to go get new stuff!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous that Amy is potty trained. Jonah is still so random with it. I love all the crafts, I don't know where you find time to do everything. I think we should plan a night to get together soon!
ReplyDeleteYay for potty training! It feels like getting a raise when you are done buying diapers. I love the "Keep Calm and Carry On"....I need that at my house now that we've entered the teenage years...YIKES!
ReplyDeleteIf we ever settle down and buy a house I want you to be my interior decorator mkay? :)
ReplyDeleteYou are simply amazing! Love the crafts! And congrats on potty training!
ReplyDeleteJen your Easter blocks turned out really well. I love the picture of Amy standing on the Diapers. I haven't finished the curtains I ran into a problem with them that I am fixing I can't wait to do it again. I had sooo much fun. Oh we had an idea for the skirts for the bottom layer we might do it with Tull what do you think? Very vintage.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we're not friends in real life. I would hate hate hate you for all your cuteness and creativity.
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome!