weeelll... we were in the 2-3%. he is on crutches for 6 weeks, and off work for 6 weeks. then, only back on a limited basis- until the brace comes off. thats about 2-3 months. physical therapy for 6. six months. wait... it wasnt supposed to be like this.
i've struggled with the limitations his work has restricted him to. we are getting ready to sell our house. that means, all the 'unfinished' projects fell to me to complete. [read: finishing our wood floors] crash course on threshold replacement, finishing off trim, and - my personal favorite- using power tools. (measure TWICE cut once... remember that) i tried to 'do it all'. the result: a meltdown that could have rivaled a 2 year old. (not my finest moment...) i was overwhelemed about... everything.
but through all that- i saw how much heavenly father blessed me. our friends, our family (you know who you are)... those who have brought meals during the first few weeks... i said i was fine. but you knew. your caring, love and friendship filled my soul when i most needed it. you were the answer to my prayers. and i love you all for it.
and... because i dont like to post without pics... here are some from the past few weeks. :)
my wood floors... i love them.
sunday afternoon nap :)
macaroni grill lights. mmmm that chocolate cake... thanks marilyn!
my new favorite iphone app. it makes vintage pics. and i really love it.
and my last favorite... my little aly modeling for me so i can get my lights just right... still working on that one. :)

Great pictures as always. I am pretty sure you don't take a bad picture. I am sorry things have been so rough. Hopefully things start improving...and SOON!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lot to deal with. I am glad to hear he is recovering well though, and that you have so much support and help from sweet family and friends. :)
ReplyDeleteIt sure can be tempting to try to do it all sometimes. I've had some of those moments myself, more than I care to remember actually. Try to take it easy...Remember those who love you feel so blessed when they can be of service at such a time as this.
I am sorry it has been such a rough month. The wood floors look awesome. We are about to put wood floors in as well. You are going to move? Where? Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeletei love all your pictures jen, as always. your blog is a favorite of mine! i've had meltdowns like that before, not good. i hope that things start looking up for you.
ReplyDeletep.s. you looked so cute at church today, i didn't get a chance to tell you.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has melt downs, even though I'm sorry you have so much on your plate! We are happy to help. Keith would be happy to help you guys move when the time comes, just let us know. It was fun to see you yesterday, we really need to do that more!
ReplyDeleteso glad you are still alive! =) what iphone app is it? I {heart} it!! Great lighting. is that with the new set you bought? Hope you are well. Jenilyn
ReplyDeleteSERIOUSLY???? I love your house, your pictures, all your projects. Can I come to your house?
ReplyDeleteWhat beauty!!! I love the pic of Ally. Can't wait to see you in a few days.
ReplyDeleteI wish I was still just downstairs from you for days like this. We could have melted down together. *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteHoly moley, you've had a lot going on in your life! Crazy times, huh? I hope everything improves for you soon! Love your pictures, as always. :) Oh, and thanks for your really nice comments on my blog after the nasties attacked me. Helped me feel so much better! :)
ReplyDeleteOi! So much to take in all at once.
ReplyDeleteYour floors look amazing. But, really, it is no surprise that you have done such a fantastic job. You really are one of the most talented people I know. If you put your mind to do something, magical things happen. Great job, you!
I hope Daniel recovers more quickly than expected. You are in my prayers.
Cute pictures!! I am sorry about your hubby's surgery! I can't imagine how hard that's been on you!
ReplyDeleteWhy are you guys selling your house though? ... and for how much? haha.