Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just a few more

Still editing... on my dinosaur laptop- thats nearly 5 years old... But at least it runs Photoshop!! And it actually isnt as slow as I thought. Internet explorer on the other hand... SLOW.

n



A few months ago, I was called in to talk to a member of the high council. That kind of freaked me out... I was wondering why they'd want to speak to me. (I do my very best to hide from them during church, you know) Well- they asked me to be a photographer for the cultural celebration that the youth are involved in. The big production that they are doing for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The youth have worked SO hard and its has been so awesome to watch them. There is a really neat spirit there and I have loved every minute of being involved in it. Yesterday, we were able to go to the conference center to photograph the choir practicing their portion. If any of you have the opportunity to see their performance- either in person, or via satellite- DO IT! Its gonna be AWESOME! This is a picture of all the youth waving their flags. Its right after they sing parts of 'High on a Mountain Top' and songs about coming to the mountain. It sent goosebumps down my spine. I think that there are approximately 11,000 youth involved in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Cultural Celebration. Its so neat to see this all come together- and that the kids can be involved in such an amazing event.

3 comments:

  1. OHHHHHhhhh!! What a KEY-ute model you have there!!! (I'm just glad those guys left us alone!)
    Oh, wait till you HEAR the brass fanfare at the top of the show! It's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I can't wait to see the celebration in person...I keep getting tidbits, and it really is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so awesome! I was actually there on Saturday and I saw you but I could tell you were busy so I didnt get to talk to you. That is such an neat opportunity and you will be amazing at photographing the event! Cant wait to see more of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you where able to be their photographer! And where did you find that wall? it is FABULOUS!!!! I love it! I want to go out with you and shoot really really really bad. You passed your computer cruse on me. My mac is very very sick. =( Hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete