Some things I want to remember about July 4 2014:
1- yesterday we drove all over town to find supplies to diy our own 4th shirts. Of course we didn't find anything, because it's such a small town. Aly was upset. I was trying to teach her that things don't always work out how we want. So we made a last ditch effort/compromise- we went to the thrift store. And behold... We found stuff for everyone. We all went home happy.
2- I was so grateful to watch fireworks with everyone. (Even if the Mr. was in a bad mood) I remember last year being so sick and staying in bed all day/night long. Wow, I'm grateful for health.
3- Aly. She is getting braver each year with fireworks. She has hated them from the time she was a year old.
4- Abby. Watching fireworks for the first time. Loving it.
5- Ava. Dancing all over the ball field as the fireworks were going off.
6- Amy. She still wants to sit on my lap. I'll take it. I know that won't last forever.
7- we cleaned the church together as a family. It was the only day we could fit it in. And as I cleaned, I reflected on how grateful I am to have the freedom to worship in this great country.
8- the parade. Love small town parades. And the fire truck that sprays everyone with water.
And... Here are the kiddos on the 4th. This is pretty much the best picture we could get.




No comments:
Post a Comment