Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

sunday's thought: remember


Yesterday we had a stake relief society workshop. I love that our stake holds this every year. There are little mini classes you can attend. And each year, I feel so edified. This year, one thing that stood out to me was: keeping a journal of the impressions you feel, the promptings you have. This reminded me of a talk from Pres. Henry B. Eyring.  Here's a few of my favorite lines...

As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew. I became ever more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. 

My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done.

Tonight, and tomorrow night, you might pray and ponder, asking the questions: Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him. I testify that He loves us and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized. 

So, I will try to keep a record of the thoughts and impressions I feel in my life. I am so grateful that we have a Heavenly Father who wants to communicate with us individually.

Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment