Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Moonflower Canyon

One of our summer goals is to get out and explore! In the last trimester... its a bit difficult... but with little Ava, I know we cant do anything that is going to be hard, long or strenuous. So one day after school let out, we decided to go take a short 'hike' though Moonflower Canyon. I dont know if this is the actual Moonflower Canyon that everyone hikes... because it seemed like a trail with tents and campers scattered throughout. (And maybe if we had made it further it would have been different) But we had a great time crossing through tall grass and throwing rocks and sticks into streams. The girls LOVED seeing the millions of caterpillars that were everywhere. (especially Ava who kept talking about the 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' book!) We brought our water and snacks and after a while found a little spot to sit by a stream and through rocks in.

The girls loved it! (And so did I!) I hope that its things like this that they remember. I want to live more simply. In saving to pay for baby #4's birth (because our insurance does not cover one penny) I've learned so much in scaling back. I'll post more on that a bit later. But it really made me think about all the toys and crap that I've bought for my kids. Things they dont seem to play with. And... we have so much fun outdoors, like we did on our hike.

Love moments like this!

2013-05-08_0005.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment